In the spirit of turning 35 today, I thought it would be fun to share 35 of the most random facts about me. Whether you’ve been a reader for years, or you are new to Strawberry Chic, I’m sure you’ll learn something new about me in today’s post 🙂
35 Facts About Me
35. I usually always have a song playing in my head. I call it my background noise.
34. Speaking of music, I have always had an affinity towards music and can remember song lyrics very easily. As a kid, I would always sing random commercial jingles and still do to this day. Growing up my dad also played in a country rock band and my favorite song was Boot Scootin’ Boogie – I would beg him to play it so I could dance haha.
33. I talk in my sleep. Usually, I’m ordering food or I will have a random conversation with you.
32. My favorite movies are: The Parent Trap, Remember The Titans, Mean Girls, and How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
31. I technically made the first move to Tim by messaging him on FB 😉 He asked me out on a first date though. We met at the gym where we both worked and on our first date we stayed up until 7AM talking and I pretty much knew he was the one.
30. I grew up a very sporty kid. I called myself a tomgirl because I liked the idea of being a tomboy but I very much still had a girly side. And I’ve always been pretty competitive. When I played basketball I wouldn’t stop running until I threw up and I usually always fouled out before the end of the game 🤪 I was always the smallest but feistiest on the team, haha.
29. I played softball until my Junior year of college and won a state championship my senior year of high school. I played all positions growing up except catcher and first base. In college, I played outfield and my favorite thing was throwing people out and running bases. I could run to first base in 2.7 seconds 💨 My ball nickname was “Wheels” because my maiden name was Wheeless.
28. I’m very flexible and will challenge anyone to a limbo contest.
27. I worked as a Physical Therapist for 3 years before I quit to pursue social media full-time. I waited to pay off my student loans and originally planned to continue working part-time but Covid had other plans. And no, I don’t miss it 🙂
Hi Friends! I thought I would do a little life update because I still get questions on whether or not I’m still working as a physical therapist, so I thought I’d address it here and chat about how it’s been..Read the Post
26. I’m a type 6 Enneagram and Capricorn and both describe me pretty accurately lol. I love my comfort zone, being organized.. and I can be pretty stubborn 🙂
25. My top 3 artists on Spotify this year were: Taylor Swift (duh), Morgan Wallen, and John Mayer
24. I’ve been a Swiftie since the beginning..literally discovered her music on Myspace and went to one of her free concerts at the mall in 2007.
23. My favorite food is a warm chocolate chip cookie that’s undercooked in the middle. I was always in charge of the cookie nights with my girlfriends because I didn’t trust that they wouldn’t burn them haha
22. My first concert was Backstreet Boys.
21. Some of my pet peeves are: cigarette smoke, slow drivers or walkers who are in my way lol, when my takeout food order is wrong, the weather channel website ads, people who don’t use blinkers, people who stop in front of doorways or escalators..do you see a common thread here lol.
20. I’ve lived in GA my entire life and don’t see myself ever leaving (because hello, I’m a type 6 ;). I moved to Columbus GA for 2 years to play softball and then in Savannah for 3 years for PT school. But other than that, I’ve stayed pretty close to my hometown.
19. My go-to comfort TV shows: Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, or Vampire Diaries (although I have never finished this series.. I love seasons 1-4 but then I get bored of it).
18. Growing up I always carried on my luggage (my dad worked for Delta and we always flew standby). The first time I ever checked a bag was for my honeymoon to Hawaii and my luggage didn’t make it until our 3rd day of the trip.
17. I still deal with horrible motion sickness.
16. My first job was at Hollister when I was 18. This playlist always takes me back to those days.
15. I’ve never dyed or highlighted my hair. It will change based on season, lighting, and how dirty it is/ how much dry shampoo I used.
14. I’ve never had botox, fillers or anything like that. I’m not saying I’m against it, I just haven’t felt the need to financially go there yet and I do question how safe it is long-term.
13. The best personal investment I’ve made so far is getting Invisalign in 2020.
I honestly can’t believe I’m writing up this post following my Invisalign treatment, I feel like my entire treatment flew by! I wanted to share my experience with those of you interested in the treatment yourself. I had traditional metal..Read the Post
12. I’m athletically ambidextrous – I can golf, bowl, and bat right or left-handed.
11. I’m good with directions unless you start talking to me like I’m a compass. I have no idea which way is North South East or West.
10. I have a full closet of cute clothes but I just wear leggings most of the time.
9. I can eat and order the same things every week. I don’t need a lot of variety in my life.
8. My favorite places I’ve visited are Italy and Jackson Hole. Growing up my favorite place was Salt Lake City to go skiing. I went almost every year for my birthday and thought I would move there when I was an adult. I need to re-visit, I haven’t been skiing since I was 18!
8. A random talent I have is walking on my toes like a ballerina. Although it does come in handy when I perform to Lover around the house daily.
7. You would think I’m a pretty social person because I do YouTube and social media for a living.. but I’m actually pretty shy and reserved (unless I’ve had a margarita.. then a different person shows up, haha). There is nothing I hate more than public speaking and I still notice I’ll have anxious breathing when I film even though I’m alone in my room.
6. This is starting to get hard so I asked Tim for some random facts about me and his response was: you’re very independent until you need water…
5. I really hate time commitments. I’d rather just leave when I’m ready or at my leisure than have to follow a schedule. That also applies to travel as well. I like spontaneous trips and would rather just see where the day takes me than have a strict itinerary. That’s probably because I take things so literally. If someone says we need to leave by 5 and it’s 5:02 I am in distress lol.
4. Speaking of time, I am guilty of being late because I always think things will take less time than it does.
3. Tim and I refer to each other as “babe” but his one nickname for me is chickapea. One day we were cooking and I said can you grab the chick-a-peas and he said the chicka-what? I thought that’s what they were called up until then.
2. My southern twang is easily influenced if I’m around certain family or people with a thicker southern accent. I also didn’t realize until I met Tim that I add an “AWL” sound to a lot of words: straw, bra, saw.
1. I loved playing video games growing up. Some of my favorite games were: Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Donkey Kong Country, SIMS, and Gran Turismo (I even had a steering wheel lol). I also pulled a lot of all-nighters playing Socom U.S. Navy SEALs in high school 😂.