First Christmas in Our Home

This year was my first-time decorating for Christmas, which is probably why I put up the tree before Thanksgiving because I just couldn’t wait!  Today I am sharing our very first Christmas Decor Tour. I was planning on keeping our Christmas decor very minimal this year and wait until after the holiday to buy Christmas decor on sale, but I have a little more than planned to show you because of my thoughtful aunts! Two of my aunts were decorating a clients house for Christmas and I got to have some of the extra decorations, which I’m so thankful for because decor you only leave out for a month isn’t cheap. I still plan to shop for Christmas decor after Monday to continue decorations throughout the house. This year I only decorated the tree and mantel, but I want to eventually have Christmas touches throughout our home. You may also be interested in following along with my Christmas decor Pinterest board if you’re looking for more inspiration.

Christmas decor

After seeing the pom-pom stockings from the Hearth & Hand collection but not loving the color, I tried to hunt down similar stockings that would work better in our home. I quickly decided stockings were overpriced, so I came up with a DIY option instead! I purchased these stockings at Target for $9. Then bought 1 yard of pom trim at Joannes using a 50% off coupon. I heated up a hot glue gun and added the trim to the bottom fold of the stocking. You could also use gorilla glue if you don’t have a glue gun, just be careful because a little goes a long way. In the end, I spent around $22 on these stockings. I may end up monogramming them or adding our names to them at some point.

Christmas decor

I purchased our faux Christmas Tree from Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale. Although looking back, I wish I got this tree because its way cheaper! I am all for making my life easier with a pre-lit tree. I just burn a holiday scented candle and get the best of both worlds 😉

I used little twist ties to hang a flocked wreath to my counter stools. Depending on how heavy your wreaths are you could always double or triple them up, but one was enough to keep mine in place. Also, ignore the flocking on the ground. That is the price you pay for beautiful flocking…

The garland above the fireplace was found at HomeGoods. It’s very gold toned which I love. I added the same ribbon from our tree to the garland to give it a cohesive feel.  I also purchased our marble Christmas tree stocking holders from HomeGoods too. As you may have noticed, I’m a frequent HomeGoods shopper 🙂 I just shared all of my tips on how to score the best stuff at HomeGoods. Be sure to check it out for all of my tips!

I purchased my Christmas Tree Basket at Ballard Designs during a 30% off sale. I figured hey, I didn’t have to spend a lot on decorations, so why not get the stand I’m obsessed with and will use for years to come! Because our tree stand is a little tall, I added in faux snow to fill it out. This was my first time using ribbon in the tree, so I just did what I could with it. I wouldn’t stress over making it look perfect, just cut long strips and tuck it in and out of the tree from top to bottom. Our tree topper looked a little bare on its own, so I added a big burlap ribbon to the top to limit the space between the two.

Last week, I shared my Christmas Bar Cart, so if you want to see more details of the cute bar cart to the left of the fireplace then head to that post!

All of our ornaments and ribbon came from a local wholesale decor store, Reeves. I found a few of them online at Nordstrom so I added them to the shoppable widget below. These ornaments are the real deal and a lot heavier than I was expecting! I also couldn’t resist this white and gold ornament set to go along with them.

I actually ended up taking down the huge bows on each stocking holder after shooting and editing these photos. I used the scraps of ribbon I had left over to make them. I originally used them to help keep the stockings from turning, but I decided it wasn’t a huge deal and I wanted to clean up the mantel a bit by removing them.

I filled out our large fireplace with my favorite gift boxes and a pillow I found at TJ Maxx. The faux fur pom blanket tied in perfectly with our stockings. Of course, as I write-up this post the blanket sells out! There are a ton of similar options online that I will link in the widget below and I bet it will be back at some point. I’ll be sure to give you the heads up when it comes back on my Instagram Stories!

With extra ornaments, I laid three in various sizes on my wood tray with gold sparkly antlers found at Joannes. If you’re wondering where any of my furniture if from, hop on over to my House Decor Update post!

Thank you for checking out my Christmas Decor. If you’ve shared your Christmas decorations I would love to see them! Share your link in the comments below.

xo Amanda John

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

1. Candace wrote:

What a gorgeous tree to start off your holiday traditions. Even your fireplace is decorate so beautifully. The color scheme of everything is so lovely!

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  2. Your home setup is BEAUTIFUL! I spy some adorable gift boxes (from Target)! It’s so bad that I know that, but I went round and round with myself almost buying them all last weekend haha.

x, B || http://www.brianaanderson.com

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
    • I’m equally obsessed! I stocked up two years in a row and I use them year round as storage boxes in my office! xo

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  3. Jessica Camerata wrote:

Loving all these muted blues!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  4. nita wrote:

Awe I just love it!!!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  5. linds wrote:

Wow your home is gorgeous!! We love how you decorated for the holidays. lovely!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  6. Angelle wrote:

Gorgeous!! Loving your Christmas decor!!!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love all your holiday decor!! Your tree is beautiful and the wreaths behind the bar stools is such a great idea!

xo, Laura

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  8. What a gorgeous home! I love how you tied in such pretty, neutral decor! Totally my style as well.
    Xo Mindy amixofomin.com

Posted 12.21.17 Reply
  9. Your decor is to DIE for!

XO,Tay

Posted 12.26.17 Reply

Lately on Instagram @strawberrychicxo

• Found the perfect striped tee to layer under all your Fall vests (on sale for $12 online only). I sized up to a M for the perfect fit. I’ve bought multiple options for this popular button skirt trend and this one is the keeper! It feels way more expensive than it actually is...all the others felt so cheap! Have you picked one up for the season? I’ve been loving skirts this Fall!
s h o p
Screenshot this look to shop it in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app or click the link in my bio to shop it directly from my blog.
h a s h t a g s
#liketkit http://liketk.it/2xMC5 @liketoknow.it #oldnavystyle #oldnavy #affordablestyle #shoptillyoudrop #stylereport #fashiontips #outfitshare #instafashionist #instalookbook #shoptillyoudrop #momentsofchic #whowhatwearing #visualcrush #realoutfit
#lovethislook #effortlessstyle #wearitloveit
#everydaystyle #wardrobeessentials #styleadvice #stylewatch
#classyandfashionable #womensweardaily #stylefiles #fashionbomb
#flyfashiondoll #styleinfluencer
  • My Monday was made hearing the news about Harry and Meghan, anyone else?! I can’t wait to see how gorgeous their baby will be! This look is something I wear all the time throughout Fall. I buy these long sleeve basics every year and love to layer them under all the cozy things 💕 Here is another look at the @tjmaxx booties from my try on haul yesterday. If you missed it just click the link in my bio- a lot of people had no idea you can actually shop there online!
d e t a i l s
booties: $39 run TTS
white tee: on sale for $12 (size up)
wrap: one size
Jeans: on sale for $22 (size down for a slimming effect)
s h o p
screenshot this photo to shop it instantly in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app (and follow me while your there ☺️) or click the link in my bio to shop it directly from my blog!
h a s h t a g s
http://liketk.it/2xLAb #liketkit @liketoknow.it #loftgirl #loveloft #tjmaxxfinds #maxxinista #tjmaxx #oldnavystyle #styleinfluencer #shoptillyoudrop #ltkunder50 #ltkstyletip #falllookbook #affordablestyle #atlantablogger #sweaterweather #fashionistastyle #fashionislife #stylebook #fallbasics  #instalookbook #shoptillyoudrop #momentsofchic #whowhatwearing #visualcrush #realoutfit
#lovethislook #effortlessstyle
  • Celebrating two years together today 💕
@shelbyraephotographs captured these photos for our one year anniversary at the same venue we got married. If you’re contemplating doing an anniversary shoot... I highly recommend it! I went all out and did a DIY floral bouquet (that I held the entire drive worried they would tip over, brought our cake topper hoping it wouldn’t melt in the car, and our vows to re-read to each other. You can see the full recap on Strawberry Chic 🍓(search One Year at the top right corner)
I also wanted to say hi to some of my new friends following along here! I’m an Atlanta fashion blogger/Youtuber and a full time Physical Therapist. I have the best of both worlds getting to help people heal from injuries and also look and feel confident in what they’re wearing! I keep it pretty on the feed but real over in IG stories. I don’t take myself too seriously but I try really hard to 😂 I do have an about me highlight if you want to get to know me a little more and you can also find my blog and YouTube channel by clicking the link in my bio 💕. Feel free to reach out anytime on DMs and have a great start to your week!
  • I am having the best time @hotelatavalon tonight with Tim celebrating our two year Anniversary 💕 I can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to on stories a little later. Also, where have facials been my whole life?? Sunnie @woodhouseavalon taught me so much about my skin today and shared tips I never even thought of that can be causing acne. I’ll definitely be sharing some of my tips with y’all soon on Strawberry Chic if they work for me. I hope y’all are having the best weekend enjoying this Fall weather 💕. Swipe right to see the cutest little bow detail to this sweater.
s h o p
screenshot this look to shop it instantly in the LIKEtoKNOW.it app or click the link in my bio to shop it directly from my blog🍓.
h a s h t a g s
http://liketk.it/2xJS5 #liketkit @liketoknow.it #targetstyle #targetdoesitagain #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #oldnavyrockstarjeans #oldnavystyle #everydaystyle #wardrobeessentials #styleadvice #stylewatch
#classyandfashionable #chicworkchick #womensweardaily #stylefiles #fashionbomb
#flyfashiondoll #styleinfluencer #womenwithstyle #coolstyle #dailyoutfit #outfitoftoday #fashion4perfection #instastyles #stylehunter #affordablestyle #sweaterweather
  • Happy Friday Friends! Welcoming the Fall weather with the windows open in the John household. Why does the Fall air feel more refreshing and clean?? 🤷🏼‍♀️ I went ahead and ordered another color in this slim puffer vest on sale under $20. I live in them at work because I’m always cold but it doesn’t restrict me from working on patients. My ruffle sweatshirt is part of a sale on sale and under $25. It’s made a second appearance on my feed so you know it’s good and it will go fast💕.
s h o p
Screenshot this look to shop it instantly in your LIKEtoKNOW.it feed or click the link in my bio to shop it directly from my blog🍓.
h a s h t a g s
http://liketk.it/2xJ2S #liketkit @liketoknow.it #oldnavystyle #oldnavy #loveloft #loftgirl #ltksalealert #ltkunder25 #ltkunder50 #atlantablogger #ltkunder100 #casualoutfit  #stylereport #fashiontips #outfitshare #instafashionist #instalookbook #shoptillyoudrop #momentsofchic #whowhatwearing #visualcrush #realoutfit
#lovethislook #effortlessstyle #wearitloveit
#everydaystyle #wardrobeessentials #styleadvice #stylewatch #shoptillyoudrop #falloutfits