First Christmas in Our Home

This year was my first-time decorating for Christmas, which is probably why I put up the tree before Thanksgiving because I just couldn’t wait!  Today I am sharing our very first Christmas Decor Tour. I was planning on keeping our Christmas decor very minimal this year and wait until after the holiday to buy Christmas decor on sale, but I have a little more than planned to show you because of my thoughtful aunts! Two of my aunts were decorating a clients house for Christmas and I got to have some of the extra decorations, which I’m so thankful for because decor you only leave out for a month isn’t cheap. I still plan to shop for Christmas decor after Monday to continue decorations throughout the house. This year I only decorated the tree and mantel, but I want to eventually have Christmas touches throughout our home. You may also be interested in following along with my Christmas decor Pinterest board if you’re looking for more inspiration.

Christmas decor

After seeing the pom-pom stockings from the Hearth & Hand collection but not loving the color, I tried to hunt down similar stockings that would work better in our home. I quickly decided stockings were overpriced, so I came up with a DIY option instead! I purchased these stockings at Target for $9. Then bought 1 yard of pom trim at Joannes using a 50% off coupon. I heated up a hot glue gun and added the trim to the bottom fold of the stocking. You could also use gorilla glue if you don’t have a glue gun, just be careful because a little goes a long way. In the end, I spent around $22 on these stockings. I may end up monogramming them or adding our names to them at some point.

Christmas decor

I purchased our faux Christmas Tree from Hobby Lobby during a 50% off sale. Although looking back, I wish I got this tree because its way cheaper! I am all for making my life easier with a pre-lit tree. I just burn a holiday scented candle and get the best of both worlds 😉

I used little twist ties to hang a flocked wreath to my counter stools. Depending on how heavy your wreaths are you could always double or triple them up, but one was enough to keep mine in place. Also, ignore the flocking on the ground. That is the price you pay for beautiful flocking…

The garland above the fireplace was found at HomeGoods. It’s very gold toned which I love. I added the same ribbon from our tree to the garland to give it a cohesive feel.  I also purchased our marble Christmas tree stocking holders from HomeGoods too. As you may have noticed, I’m a frequent HomeGoods shopper 🙂 I just shared all of my tips on how to score the best stuff at HomeGoods. Be sure to check it out for all of my tips!

I purchased my Christmas Tree Basket at Ballard Designs during a 30% off sale. I figured hey, I didn’t have to spend a lot on decorations, so why not get the stand I’m obsessed with and will use for years to come! Because our tree stand is a little tall, I added in faux snow to fill it out. This was my first time using ribbon in the tree, so I just did what I could with it. I wouldn’t stress over making it look perfect, just cut long strips and tuck it in and out of the tree from top to bottom. Our tree topper looked a little bare on its own, so I added a big burlap ribbon to the top to limit the space between the two.

Last week, I shared my Christmas Bar Cart, so if you want to see more details of the cute bar cart to the left of the fireplace then head to that post!

All of our ornaments and ribbon came from a local wholesale decor store, Reeves. I found a few of them online at Nordstrom so I added them to the shoppable widget below. These ornaments are the real deal and a lot heavier than I was expecting! I also couldn’t resist this white and gold ornament set to go along with them.

I actually ended up taking down the huge bows on each stocking holder after shooting and editing these photos. I used the scraps of ribbon I had left over to make them. I originally used them to help keep the stockings from turning, but I decided it wasn’t a huge deal and I wanted to clean up the mantel a bit by removing them.

I filled out our large fireplace with my favorite gift boxes and a pillow I found at TJ Maxx. The faux fur pom blanket tied in perfectly with our stockings. Of course, as I write-up this post the blanket sells out! There are a ton of similar options online that I will link in the widget below and I bet it will be back at some point. I’ll be sure to give you the heads up when it comes back on my Instagram Stories!

With extra ornaments, I laid three in various sizes on my wood tray with gold sparkly antlers found at Joannes. If you’re wondering where any of my furniture if from, hop on over to my House Decor Update post!

Thank you for checking out my Christmas Decor. If you’ve shared your Christmas decorations I would love to see them! Share your link in the comments below.

xo Amanda John

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

1. Candace wrote:

What a gorgeous tree to start off your holiday traditions. Even your fireplace is decorate so beautifully. The color scheme of everything is so lovely!

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  2. Your home setup is BEAUTIFUL! I spy some adorable gift boxes (from Target)! It’s so bad that I know that, but I went round and round with myself almost buying them all last weekend haha.

x, B || http://www.brianaanderson.com

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
    • I’m equally obsessed! I stocked up two years in a row and I use them year round as storage boxes in my office! xo

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  3. Jessica Camerata wrote:

Loving all these muted blues!

xo Jessica
    My Style Vita

Posted 12.18.17 Reply
  4. nita wrote:

Awe I just love it!!!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  5. linds wrote:

Wow your home is gorgeous!! We love how you decorated for the holidays. lovely!

Posted 12.19.17 Reply
  6. Angelle wrote:

Gorgeous!! Loving your Christmas decor!!!!

xoxo,
    Angelle

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  7. Laura wrote:

I love all your holiday decor!! Your tree is beautiful and the wreaths behind the bar stools is such a great idea!

xo, Laura

Posted 12.20.17 Reply
  8. What a gorgeous home! I love how you tied in such pretty, neutral decor! Totally my style as well.
    Xo Mindy amixofomin.com

Posted 12.21.17 Reply
  9. Your decor is to DIE for!

XO,Tay

Posted 12.26.17 Reply

Lately on Instagram @strawberrychicxo

• Strutting in this @joulesclothing dress (c/o) with one of my new #bloggerbesties @pardonmuahinsta in our matching flower crowns at #tbscon | As soon as we both introduced ourselves as Amanda we had an instant connection and felt like we had already met before! Connecting with likeminded girls is at the top of my priorities list throughout 2018. I’ve been such a homebody and stuck in my own comfort zone and it’s time to change it up!
I created a girls only private Facebook group to connect this amazing community of women here. Yes, Y O U reading this! I want you to join and hope it can become your go to place to seek advice, share your success, and feel like you’re talking to your best friends. As I slowly start to put my true self out there on social media, I’ve realized that I’m not alone in this world. We all have insecurities, weird habits, and moments to celebrate 💕 I added the new group to the link in my bio for a short period of time, but I want to keep it relatively on the DL to connect with my real squad out there 🍓.
📷: @xxiiiphoto |.
#cultivatingcommunity #theblogsocieties #flowercrown #girlgang #atlantablogger #scsisterlove #bloggerstyle #widn #joulesclothing #liveincolor #southernblogger #girlgroup #communityovercompetition #bloggersunited
  • I haven’t stopped listening to Taylor Swift since the concert on Friday. It was seriously the best concert I’ve ever been to! Sorry BSB and Britney 🤷🏼‍♀️ If she’s coming to your city I can’t recommend #reputationtour enough! Have you been yet??
Wearing my go to basic tee and these stretchy and comfy pink shorts from Zara! They’re not on LIKEtoKNOW.it so I can’t link the shorts but DM me if you want the link! My earrings were from a #fabfitfun box. Linking a similar look and my favorite basic tee at the link in my bio or swipe up in stories 💕.
#igstyle #shopthepost #atlantablogger #gablogger # #atlblogger #liketkit #igfashion #igblogger #zara #zarastyle #madewell #basics #fabfitfun #swiftie #stylecollective http://liketk.it/2wXxw #liketkit @liketoknow.it
  • My heart is so full and inspired after #TBScon and a weekend with new friends! So glad I got to meet this pretty lady  @lauren_holifield - don’t miss her stories while she’s renovating her parents house. It’s going to be farmhouse goals!
A big thank you to @joulesclothing for gifting me this gorgeous dress. I’m so glad I was introduced to their bright and colorful pieces and I’m officially obsessed💕 And thank you @ballcanning and @lacroixwater for the cutest #bloggerbrunch at @hotelatavalon | #tbscon #atlantablogger #theblogsocieties #cultivatingcommunity #hotelatavalon #lacroix #ballcanning #joulesclothing
  • Its worth getting up at 4:45 this morning when you get to eat breakfast twice 🙌🏼 It’s been a whirlwind Friday between #tbscon and #taylorswiftreputation tonight and I am loving every second 💕 Anyone else going to the Reputation tour?? I can’t wait to see me some T A Y L O R.
Click the link in my bio to shop this look. My top is only $16 and I’m wearing Valentino dupes🍓Happy Friday friends!  #liketkit http://liketk.it/2wUX5 @liketoknow.it
  • I challenge you to buy something way out of your comfort zone every now and then because you never know what may surprise you! This olive cropped jumpsuit was my surprise this week. Tim was even a fan and I thought he would hate it! He described it as “elegant but bossy” 🤣 Like this photo if you think he should narrate my next try on haul. Also, I have a lot of new faces around here so I just wanted to say a quick hello to my new friends👋🏼💕.
Coming to my YouTube channel this Sunday is an @oldnavy try on haul. I found so many cute basics for fall that are a heck of a lot better deal than the nsale 😜. I normally size down in Old Navy but I wanted the top to fold over the not so cute waistband.  I’m wearing a small for size reference.
My heels are a Valentino dupe from @amazonfashion and look just like the real deal! I linked the exact outfit on the shop page of my blog.
#oldnavy #oldnavystyle #jumpsuit #valentinorockstud #valentinodupes #amazonfashion #jcrewfactory #oldnavysale #ltkunder50 #ltkunder100 #ltkshoecrush http://liketk.it/2wNco @liketoknow.it #liketkit